Films (fiction), documentaries, TV series:
- The Fallen Idol (1948). Carol Reed
- The Wages of Fear (1953). Herni-Georges Clauzot. (Watch it till the end!)
- Gangster Paradise: Jerusalema (2008). Ralph Ziman.
- Mad Men, Season 4 (2010).
- Black Mirror, Season 2 Episode 4 (2011).
Aesthetic and Philosophy of Art
- Kendall Walton (1970). Categories of art. In his Marvelous Images.
- Monroe Beardsley (1970/1982). The aesthetic point of view. In his The Aesthetic Point of View: Collected Essays.
- Frank Sibley (1974). Particularity, art, and evaluation. In his Approach to Aesthetics.
- Richard Wollheim (1980). Criticism as retrieval. In his Art and its Object.
- Monroe Beardsley (1982). Aesthetic experience. In his The Aesthetic Point of View: Collected Essays.
- Jerrold Levinson (1989) Refining art historically. Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism.
- Noel Carroll (1997). The ontology of mass art. Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism.
- Stephen Davies (2015) Defining art and artworlds. Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism.
Ethics, meta-ethics, and applied ethics
Personal identity, personal ontology
- Eric Olson (2001). A compound of two substances. In K. Corcoran (ed.) Soul, Body, and Survival.
- John Lippitt (2007). Getting the story straight. Inquiry.
- Richard Menary (2008). Embodied narratives. Journal of Consciousness Studies.
- Muriel Spark (1962). The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.
- Richard Moran (2015). The Story of my Life. (This is not really a book but a 'longer paper' on the narrative approach to self-knowledge and identity.)